A delicious banana split dessert made with a graham cracker crust, cream cheese filling, fresh bananas, strawberries, and homemade whipped cream. This easy dessert that doesn't need to be baked is a great way to cool off this summer!
3 Layers of Goodness:
CRUST. The dessert starts with a delicious graham cracker crust made of graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Once everything is mixed, press the crust evenly into the bottom of a 913′′ baking dish that has been greased. I like to put my crust in the fridge for a few minutes to help it set.
FILLING. The filling comes next. It is made of softened cream cheese, drained pineapple, and sugar. Use a hand mixer to mix it all together, then pour it on top of the crust. Then add a layer of fresh bananas and strawberries that have been sliced.
TOPPING. The last layer is homemade whipped cream. Heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla are mixed together until soft peaks form. Make sure to put the bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 10 minutes to help the peaks form more quickly. Then, spread the whipped cream over the fresh fruit in an even layer. Put the dessert in the fridge until it's time to serve.
To make a no-bake banana split dessert you’ll need the following Ingredients :
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened (two 8-ounce packages)
- 8-ounce can crush pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounces strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make a No-bake banana split dessert?
- Spread butter or cooking spray on a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and put a medium mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs and sugar together in a small bowl. Mix in the butter that has been melted. Press the mixture into the dish's bottom. Put the dish in the fridge or freezer so the crust can harden.
- Mix the softened cream cheese, drained pineapple, and sugar with a hand mixer. Take the baking dish out of the freezer and spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Put the banana slices on top of the cream cheese mixture in a single layer. On top of each banana slice, put a strawberry slice.
- Take the bowl and the beaters out of the freezer. Heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract should be mixed together until soft peaks form. Spread over the banana and strawberry layer.
- Cool until you're ready to serve.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts on the dish before you serve it. Put chocolate sauce on top. Then put a maraschino cherry on top of each serving. You can also use more banana slices and strawberry slices as garnishes. You could also add a garnish to each plate after it has been served.
Tips to Do Well :
- Greasing the dish is very important. If you don't, the crust will stick to the bottom.
- Put the bowl and beaters you will use to make the whipped cream in the freezer. This makes it easier for the soft peaks to form and gives them a fluffy texture.
- When making the whipped topping, it will take about 5 minutes for soft peaks to form. You can tell they've formed when you turn off your mixer, pull the beaters straight up out of the whipped cream, and there are points that curl back into the bowl and start to slowly sink back down into the bowl.
- If you want to decorate the top of the dessert with banana slices, you can save the pineapple juice from the crushed pineapple and use it to keep the bananas from turning brown.
- Use a spatula or other serving tool that is the same size as the piece you are serving to keep the piece together as you serve it.